Scripting Helpers Forum Feedback

• Administrators

Hello everyone! We are excited to kick off a new year with a new forum. This is a place where you're not exactly bound by a Q&A-based format and you may post freely in the categories your topic applies.

As the forum is still developing we would like to hear your feedback on what we may add, remove, or change in the forum.

Some suggestions that have been floating around are removal of the Lazy Town category and possibly the implementation of a Tutorials category. All feedback is appreciated on the development of these forums.

If you have any questions about the forum, feel free to reply to this topic as well.

Welcome to the new Scripting Helpers forum!

• No create new user page and my user reportedly does not exist on forum.scriptinghelpers.org
    went to scriptinghelpers.org logged in and came back to forum.scriptinghelpers.org successfully still logged in.
    Is this intentional?

• Administrators

@Pejorem Yes. You cannot create a new user on this forum, as the account system from the main website is used. Because of this, if you aren't logged in on the main site, you won't be logged in here.

• I am going to ask the obvious question that some ppl might be thinking about:-

• Will the reputation system also include the forum or will they remain separate?
    • How does reputation on the SH effect the forum if it does at all?
    • Will the blogs stay on the SH site or will they be posted on the forum?

Some other things:-

• I know this is a new system but would there be plans for merging the two chat systems and notification, e.g. notification on SH would also show up in the forum and vice versa.

• Would it be possible to sync all users bios so changes on the forum would reflect in the SH site, if ppl wanted this?

Edit:- Are you allowed to ask for payment for scripts ect in this forum?

Lastly thank you for the cool forum, we are all happy :3

• Administrators

@kingdom5

• Will the reputation system also include the forum or will they remain separate?

We intend to keep the Cookies system and the Reputation System separate. The more you hang out around the forums, you're bound to get more Cookies from users who like your posts. There may be plans in the future if we wish to incorporate these in our site.

• How does reputation on the SH effect the forum if it does at all?

Anyone with a valid Scripting Helpers account can use the forums. Whatever you create on the forums will stay on the forums.

• Will the blogs stay on the SH site or will they be posted on the forum?

Blog posts will remain live. We do not intend for the forums to replace them. The forums are more of a community discussion separate from the Q&A-based forum format and the Blog Posts we provide. Blog posts are more of publications for scripting tips or website updates.

Are you allowed to ask for payment for scripts ect. in this forum?

Community Guidelines are enforced here. You may not ask for payment.

• I know this is a new system but would there be plans for merging the two chat systems and notification, e.g. notification on SH would also show up in the forum and vice versa.
    • Would it be possible to sync all users bios so changes on the forum would reflect in the SH site, if ppl wanted this?

I will pass these suggestions on to the development team.

Lastly thank you for the cool forum, we are all happy :3

It's been a long awaited feature.

• @M39a9am3R
    At the moment, the settings "Watch topics you create" and "Watch topics that you reply to" are off by default (or at least, that's what they were for me). Shouldn't these default to "on"? (Or is this the case already and it just wasn't changed for older accounts?)

Looks like your connection to Scripting Helpers was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.