Idea: ROBLOX Contracting

• At the moment, it's fairly difficult to put together a dev team on ROBLOX. You have to bounce from group to group asking for workers. Wouldn't it be cool if there was one group on ROBLOX that you could join that would allow you to do everything? You would submit a game design/idea to a contractor within the group, and the submission would include estimated project length, payout, workers needed, etc. Then behind the scenes, the contractor would go to the individual ranks within the group and ask specific developers if they want to help out. Then, once they have everybody, they get put in touch with you via Skype or something, and everybody can go over the plan. Later, once the project is finished, the devs get paid and you get the game to do whatever you want with.

I feel like it should also involve some kind of actual legal contract or something, just to make sure there's no scamming going on.

So, what do you think?

• I don't think this is a good idea. First, having a "legal contract" sounds far fetched. But also, who would organize the group? Something like this would take time to organize and maintain, and I don't see much value or gain in the project.

There doesn't seem to be any guarantee that the people you're hiring are quality.

I think having a group like this would be cool, but I think it would be too much to maintain personally. Instead, maybe a site operating separately from ROBLOX. This way, you could have actual resumes, and examples of your work. Maybe a rating system to show that people you've worked with in the past were satisfied.

With a site, there could be some profit via ads and such. Still seems very far fetched, however.

• @OldPalHappy Sounds like a morphed version of LinkedIn

Looks like your connection to Scripting Helpers was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.