Wishes to Roblox (Basically ideas/features that you wish Roblox would add)

• What features do you want Roblox to add in Roblox game development? Here is my opinion: I wish Roblox will make DatastoreService be able to save instances like DataPersistance! :D

You can use comments to tell your wish!

• @CStarLam i wish roblox could finally release 100 person servers to the public after 1 year of testing

• I think it would be cool if you could put particles into meshes and the particle shapes the mesh. cause I use particles in my game a lot and it would bo so amazing if the particles kept the shape of the mesh! ... and also for materials to work on SpecialMeshes! that would be awesome as well!

• There's actually a Trello board with a ton of suggestions that people vote on. There are already a few of them that have been actually completed.

I've lost it, though, so I will try and find it again.

• Technically not game development, but I wish they were able to fix the god-awful ping issues. I've tried everything on my end but I still get really high ping on a lot of servers. (~1-2k ms).

• @Spongocardo said in Wishes to Roblox (Basically ideas/features that you wish Roblox would add):

Technically not game development, but I wish they were able to fix the god-awful ping issues. I've tried everything on my end but I still get really high ping on a lot of servers. (~1-2k ms).

That kind of ping is not normal. I get around 200ms but 1~2k is a lot and would indicate that there is a problem on your end.

• An easier/better way to make GUIs

• @JohnTUnderwood What do you mean? Could you explain more, please?

• This was just one of my random ideas but I think it would be cool to have the workspace split into server side parts and replicated parts or have some way of setting an instance to not replicate to the client. ie server only parts.

• @OldPalHappy Like, whenever I forget to move tab out of the way, whenever I play it in studio, it fits on screen. In a server, that's a different story. Maybe that's just because of my monitor screen size.

And a easier way to like resize or position them would be nice.

• @JohnTUnderwood This only happens because you don't know how to use GUIs properly. There's a scale factor and an offset to GUIs. If you want GUIs to contour to different screen sizes, use scale.

And as for the ease of making GUIs, it's about as easy as it's going to get. You can use plugins, but then you lose accuracy in how they're made.

• A way to edit particles as individuals, perhaps a particleemitter method that would return a list of particle objects.

• I wish there was a way to change the TextColor3 property (and possibly other properties) for a certain part of a string in a TextLabel's Text property without having to resort to making multiple TextLabels.

• @Spongocardo I wish for that as well! :D That way, the guis will be much more easier to be made beautiful!

Looks like your connection to Scripting Helpers was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.