Compiler bug!

• I'm not sure where to post this, but off-topic seemed like the best spot.

I'm making my first game in Roblox, a tycoon game at that, and ran into a problem that took me a few hours to rectify. I had just implemented a modularscript to save player data, such as money and factory tier, so when players logon to the server they have all their stuff back. My problem was that the compiler shifted an integer variable to a boolean one, it caused my whole script to seize up and I could no longer increment money the player earned. I'm still searching for a way around this, so far the only way I got it to work was to copy the scripts into a new game. Has anyone else had this problem? I'm pretty sure it's a compiler error but I can't be sure yet.

• The problem will be in another script, it will not change a integer to a Boolean unless you code it to do so.

• No other script hooks in yet, all I have so far is the script to update playerdata that hooks into the playersave modularscript, nothing else hooks into either one.

• Global Moderator

@syntaxjedi I can guarantee it's not a compiler bug.

Looks like your connection to Scripting Helpers was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.