5 things that annoy me when helping others.

• Most of us have been there. You're helping something, and while helping them you get annoyed. Happens to the best of us. Here are some things that annoy me:

1.) "Oh, I figured it out. Thanks anyways."

This one probably shouldn't bother me as much as it does, but just say thanks. It's not that big of a deal, though. Am I the only one this annoys?

2.) "Nah, my method works just fine."

But your method is flawed, and I just gave you reasons why it's flawed. Don't be lazy and settle for crappy methods. :c

3.) "Can you just tell me the answer?"

No. I'm trying to make you come to the answer yourself so you remember it in the future. One of the most important things anyone can teach you is how to help yourself. Just.... keep trying. I'm not going to get frustrated if you try.

4.) "..."

This is super annoying. I just answered your question, but you'll either never see if because you don't care enough to come back and look at my answer, you just copied my solution and left without reading and replying to my whole answer, or you read all of it and didn't give any response at all. Come on :frowning2:

5.) "You're not even helping."

Often when helping others you don't have the context necessary to make a supported and logical answer. Now, me personally, I'll let you know if I don't think I can help. I'll let you know if I don't feel like helping. But if I try to help, you can maybe show some appreciation. I understand if you're frustrated with the problem, and if it may seem like we're making no progress. But at least we're trying.

Not sure if you agree with my list, but these happen a lot and at this point I've gotten used to these responses. They're still a little annoying though.

Thanks for reading :D

lol jk

Yeah, another thing I hate is when someone gives very vague details, its apparent they are a beginner, and ask for help making something really complicated, or asking for free work, etc.

• This post is deleted!

• One thing that really bugs me in helping others is when people don't fully insert code or never post any code at all (except for super long ones or only the critical part of the script that requires enough attention). That's just my opinion, no harsh feelings against others!

• When they ask a really easy, specific question and when you answer it they don't accept, because of a bunch of unknown problems in their script. That's not my problem man!

Looks like your connection to Scripting Helpers was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.